The European platform of self-Advocates (EPSA)
“Self-advocacy is all about getting stronger and making our voices heard.”
The European Platform of Self-Advocates is made up of organisations of self-advocates from different countries in Europe.
We call it EPSA.
It is part of Inclusion Europe.
EPSA has been representing self-advocacy organisations in Europe since 2000.
- We tell people about the rights, abilities and needs of people with intellectual disabilities.
- We represent self-advocacy groups in Europe.
- We speak to decision-makers about what is important to self-advocates.
- We publish accessible information about important European issues.
EPSA works to make the European self-advocacy movement stronger.
- We teach self-advocates how they can speak for themselves.
- We organise conferences to exchange experiences.
- We work to make self-advocacy known everywhere in Europe.
- We maintain an up-to-date list of self-advocacy organisations.
- We publish guidelines on topics that are of interest to and concern self-advocacy.
- The EPSA recommendations on Legal Capacity
- Easy-to-read version of the European Disability Strategy.
- Rules to help ensure good support.
- Rules for meetings and conferences.
Europe needs more self-advocates to help get a better life for people with intellectual disabilities.
We need your help to get the job done!
Learn more about EPSA:
- View the EPSA website.
- Get the EPSA newsletter “Europe for Us!”
- Find out why it is good to be part of EPSA.
- Or simply send us an e-mail at email@example.com
Find out more about self-advocacy:
Read here our articles dealing with self-advocacy